Our recipe of the week is for unstuffed mushrooms. This comes from the website, skinnytaste.com. See the link below.
This is an easy alternative to stuffed mushrooms that offers all the wonderful taste without all the work. This is an easy side dish for any night of the week or appetizer for a gathering.
I love mushrooms. Stuffed mushrooms are among one of my favorites, but they are so time consuming to make from scratch. With this recipe you get all of the goodness of stuffed mushrooms with none of the hard work. Give this recipe a try, I’m sure you will add it to your favorites.
Ingredients for Unstuffed Mushrooms
1 pound white button mushrooms
2 tablespoons water
1 ⁄4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
1 ⁄4 teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
olive oil spray
Directions for Unstuffed Mushrooms
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice off the bottom of the stems; then, use a moist paper towel to gently remove any dirt from mushrooms.
3) Quarter or halve the mushrooms, depending on the size.
4) Sprinkle water in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish then place mushrooms in a single layer on top of the water.
5) In a small bowl combine next six ingredients: breadcrumbs through salt/pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of the mushrooms.
6) Drizzle evenly with olive oil then spray the top with olive oil spray so it’s evenly coated. Bake uncovered until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes.
7) Serve hot or warm.
Serving: ¾ Cup, 127 Calories, 8g Fat, 6g Protein, 9 g Carbohydrates, 2mg Sodium
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories. People of Body Force
Sign-up for our 30-Day VIP Training Program: https://bit.ly/2CKOeUK