Our recipe of the week is for an easy Strawberry Sorbet. This comes from the website, momontimeouot.com, see the link below.
Whether you grow your own strawberries or are taking advantage of the excellent summer strawberry prices, strawberry treats are a must make during the summer.
This light and refreshing, this easy Strawberry Sorbet is going to be your new favorite summer treat! Just 4 ingredients in this simple, delicious dessert! Looking to cool off?
This recipe also works with other berry or fruit flavors, just substitute whatever fresh or frozen fruit you prefer for the strawberries.
Ingredients for Strawberry Sorbet
Makes about 8 servings
1 cup Sugar or no calorie sugar substitute
3 cups water
5 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries, cleaned and quartered (about 2 pounds)
2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
Directions for Strawberry Sorbet
1) Rinse strawberries thoroughly and quarter. Set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar just to a boil over medium-high heat.
3) Keep stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
4) In a large bowl, combine syrup, lemon juice and prepared strawberries.
5) Transfer, in small batches if needed, to a blender or food processor and process until completely smooth.
6) Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
Store leftovers in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
PREP TIME: About 5 Minutes
COOK TIME: About 20 Hours
FREEZE TIME: 6 Hours
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories. People of Body Force