Our recipe of the week is Spinach Balls. This comes from the website, sweetashoney.co. See the link below.
These spinach balls are a very popular appetizer for the upcoming holidays or anytime really. They are small cheesy balls filled with grated cheese, eggs and spinach. They are sure to be a hit, so you might want to just double the recipe to start off.
You can serve them plain or with any number of dipping sauces including; Marinara sauce, avocado dip or salsa. They are quite versatile.
Ingredients for Spinach Balls
Makes about 22 balls
6 Cups Fresh Spinach Leaves, washed. (Makes about 2/3 cups packed, cooked spinach)
3 Large Beaten Eggs
½ Cup Grated Mozzarella
¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Panko Crumbs
Directions for Spinach Balls
1) Preheat Oven to 370 Degrees F
2) Trim and wash spinach
3) Place spinach in large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover bowl with a lid and set aside for 3 minutes.
4) Rinse the spinach with cold tap water. Drain and squeeze remaining water out with your hands. You should yield about 2/3 cup of packed spinach.
5) Place spinach on chopping board and finely chop. Transfer to mixing bowl.
6) Add remaining ingredients and combine with a spoon until you get a batter that can be formed into balls. (if too moist add more panko crumbs)
7) Roll into balls.
8) Place balls on non-stick cookie sheet, covered with parchment paper leaving about an inch between balls.
9) Bake at 370 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until golden on top.
10) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories. People of Body Force