This week’s recipe is Garlic Herb Mushroom Pasta. This recipe comes from Love and Lemons, see the link below.
Garlic Herb Mushroom Pasta
You are going to love this recipe. It is quick to throw together and it’s very flexible. You can substitute whole wheat or gluten free pasta if you prefer. Or, if you don’t have the tarragon and chive on hand you could substitute rosemary or sage. If you are not vegan, you can use regular cream instead of the cashew cream. And of course, feel free to top this with your favorite grated cheese.
This recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook and makes about 2 large servings or 3-4 smaller servings.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
16 ounces cremini mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced
8 ounces Spaghetti, plus ⅓ cup reserved pasta water
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay or pinot grigio)
¼ to ⅓ cup cashew cream (below)
⅓ cup chopped fresh tarragon
⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
⅓ cup shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
savory cashew cream (this makes extra)*
⅓ cup raw cashews + ½ cup water (or skip this mixture and use regular cream)
½ clove garlic (a small one)
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
To Prepare Your Garlic Herb Mushroom Pasta
1) Make the cashew cream by blending all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Set aside. (note: it’s not going to be very thick, it should be the consistency of half & half or heavy cream).
2) In a large pan heat the olive oil oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and cook until soft and wilted, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 12 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water 1 minute short of the package directions, until al dente. Reserve ⅓ cup of the starchy pasta water before draining.
4) To the mushrooms, add the wine. Stir and let it reduce for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Stir in the garlic, then the cooked pasta and toss. Add a few splashes of the cashew cream and a few splashes of the pasta water and toss to create a light sauce. Add half of the fresh herbs and season to taste. Serve immediately with remaining fresh herbs and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese on top.
To make this vegan, skip the cheese and and serve with a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar.
Change up the herbs: rosemary and/or sage would be delicious here, but add those heartier herbs to the pan as you add the mushrooms so that they’ll cook more than the softer herbs.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Love and Lemons;