This week we have a quick and easy main dish recipe for you, Cilantro Lime Chicken. This cilantro lime chicken is healthy, packed with flavor and super easy to make. This recipe comes from Susan Randall via simplehealthykitchen.com see the link below.
Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken
Although Labor Day is past, summer is not completely gone and this recipe is great on the grill or in a grill pan/skillet. Try this cilantro lime chicken for your last pool party or cookout.
The marinade is the key to the cilantro lime chicken. It is easy to make with just a few ingredients that pack a flavorful punch, cilantro, lime, garlic and a few others. This chicken is light and will have your mouth watering.
A couple of ideas for side dishes; cilantro lime rice with spicy black bean and mango salsa or Mexican street corn and Mexican watermelon salad. You can even dice the chicken to in tacos or taco salad.
For the Marinade
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cumin
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp grated lime zest
For the Chicken
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
2 limes, cut into wedges for serving
Note: you can substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins for the thighs if you prefer.
To Prepare Your Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients (cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, cumin, red pepper and lime zest). Add chicken and toss to evenly coat chicken with marinade.
2) Cover and refrigerate. Alternately, you can use a large zip-lock storage bag. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes (up to 24 hours).
3) Spray a large skillet or grill pan with non-stick cooking spray (if you use cast iron, you may want to lightly coat the pan with oil instead). Heat over a medium high heat.
4) Add chicken to pan; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink (internal temp should be 165 degrees F).
5) Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a serving dish. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
Total Prep Time: about 20 Minutes
Makes about 4 servings (about 2 thighs) Per Serving: 234 Calories, 12.4 g fat; 2.4 g carbohydrates; 28g protein
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Finding Silver Linings;