This week’s recipe is Crispy Chickpea Tabbouleh Power Bowl. The recipe is from the meal delivery service, Hello Fresh! via Coach Alex.
Crispy Chickpea Tabbouleh Power Bowl
A tried-and-true recipe, the Crispy Chickpea Tabbouleh Power Bowl has earned the highest accolade. This one-bowl Middle-Eastern feast is bursting with flavor. Palate-pleasing and named an “All-Star” recipe, the Crispy Chickpea Tabbouleh Power Bowl made the Hello Fresh Hall of Fame…and the best part? It’s quick and easy!
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 8)
Chickpeas 26.8 oz (2 cans)
2 Red Bell peppers
1 TBSP Harissa Powder
1 Cup Bulgur Wheat
2 Roma Tomatoes
¼ ounce Dill
½ cup Feta Cheese
4 TBSP Sourcream
11 tsp of Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1) Adjust oven Rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash & Dry all produce. Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry with paper towels. Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into ½ inch pieces.
2) Toss bell pepper and chickpeas on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, 2 tsp of harissa powder, and salt. Spread peppers and chickpeas evenly on sheet. Roast on top rack until bell pepper is softened and chickpeas are lightly browned (18-20 minutes)
3) While bell pepper and chickpeas roast, in a small pot combine bulgur, 2 cups of water, 1 tsp of harissa powder, and ½ tsp of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover reduce to a low simmer. Cook until water has absorbed and bulgur is tender, 12-15 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
4) Meanwhile, trim and finely dice cucumber and tomato. Trim & thinly slice scallions separating the whites from greens; mince the whites. Pick and mince fronds from dill. Zest and halve lemon. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, 4 TBSP feta, and 1 TBSP olive oil. Add 1 tsp of water at a time until the mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Salt & pepper to taste.
5) Squeeze juice from 1 lemon into a large bowl. Whisk in 4 TBSP oilive oil, lemon zest, and ½ tsp salt. Drain any excess water from bulgur; stir into bowl along with cucumber, scallion whites, tomato, dill, and remaining feta. Season with salt & pepper.
6) Divide tabbouleh between bowls or plates. Top with roasted bell pepper and chickpeas. Drizzle with feta dressing and sprinkle with scallion greens. Cut remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.
400 Calories, 21.5 g Fat, 5.5g Saturated Fat, 36g Carbohydrate, 7g Sugar, Dietary Fiber 8.5g, 11.5g Protein, 22.5mg Cholesterol, 530mg Sodium
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.