This week’s recipe is creamy vegan pot pie and can be found on www.minimalistbaker.com as 1-hour vegan pot pie.
Creamy Vegan Pot Pie
Snow is in the forecast this weekend. What could be better than getting cozy on the couch and warming up with a little comfort food?
Introducing a creamy vegan pot pie as a warm and delicious option! You’ve just come in from shoveling your driveway and your nose is cold to the touch. Warm up with a bowl of liquid gold, simmering vegetables, and topped with a flaky biscuit. This savory dish is soul-warming & so satisfying.
This recipe makes 5 servings. Preparation time is about 20 minutes and cook time 40 minutes.
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp plant based butter
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 large garlic clove minced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots)
¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 bay leaves
1 pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1 batch of puff pastry or store bough pie crust
To Prepare Your Creamy Vegan Pot Pie
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2) Add 2 Tbs Olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt- stir. Cook about 7 minutes or until soft
3) Add the flour and stir with a whisk, then slowly whisk in the broth.
4) Add the almond milk and bay leaves- stir. Simmer until the mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes.
5) Once sauce is thickened, add frozen mixed vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to desired taste.
6) Discard bay leaves and divide the mixture evenly between 5 lightly greased ramekins/oven safe bowls. Microwave plant-based butter for 10 seconds. Brush each biscuit with a small amount of the melted plant-based butter.
7) Place uncooked biscuits on top of each ramekin bake at 425 degrees F for about 14-17 minutes or until the biscuits are a golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
8) Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Serving size, 1 ramekin: 307 calories, 5g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1244mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Minimalistbaker.com;