Our recipe of the week is Bruschetta Grilled Chicken. This recipe comes from the website delish.com. See the link at the bottom of the blog.
Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
This is a great version of grilled chicken when you are in the peak of fresh tomato season. It is so good it will be a repeat on your summer menu. Experiment with different varieties of tomatoes.
This is a healthy summer dish. Serve with a nice fresh greens salad with a light dressing or just a dash of fresh squeezed lemon.
Enjoy while relaxing on the deck with family or friends.
Ingredients for Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
Makes about 4 servings
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. Italian seasoning or dried oregano
4 boneless skinless antibiotic free chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
3 slicing tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
4 slices mozzarella
Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
Directions for Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
1) In a small bowl, combine oil, half the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning (or oregano) and whisk to combine. Transfer to a large re-sealable bag along with chicken; seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2) Heat grill over medium-high then add chicken, discarding excess marinade. Grill until charred and cooked to an internal temperature of 165°, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
3) Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and remaining lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
4) While chicken is still on grill, top each breast with 1 slice mozzarella and cover until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Top chicken with tomato mixture.
5) Garnish with Parmesan and serve.
PREP TIME: About 20 Minutes, Total time about 50 Minutes
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.