This week’s recipe is Best Damn Loaded Nachos, another one by Tasty and can be found on their website, at www.tasty.co/recipe/loaded-vegetarian-nachos.
Best Damn Loaded Nachos
Hut-Hut-Hike! With Superbowl Sunday encroaching this weekend, hostesses with the mostestes are scrambling for delicious finger foods to satisfy the pickiest of picky eaters! This Best Damn Loaded Nachos recipe will live up to its name and score a touchdown in the hearts and mouths of your family members and friends.
Makes 6 servings
1 cup lentils, rinsed
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
15 oz corn, 1 can, drained and rinsed
15 oz black beans, 1 can, drained and rinsed
1 lb tortilla chips
1 ½ cups shredded mexican cheese blend
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup tomato, diced
½ cup red onion, chopped
2 jalapeñoes, sliced
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
To Prepare Your Best Damn Loaded Nachos
1) Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
2) In a large pot, over medium-high heat, bring lentils, broth, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
3) Once cooked, mix in the corn and black beans.
4) On a baking sheet, place a layer of tortilla chips, followed by the lentil mixture and cheese.
5) Add another layer of tortilla chips, lentils, and cheese.
6) Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
7) Top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and guacamole, and cilantro.
Nutrition Info based on 1 serving size
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.