Coach Brittany wanted to share a recipe Baked Spinach Alfredo Spaghetti Squash.
This recipe is easy and, actually, vegetarian meal that comes from Sum of Yum.
The spaghetti squash is a quick-to-make and delicious vegetable that doesn’t take much time to prepare. The great thing about the spaghetti squash is how much easily they can be cooked, some variations of manipulating the spaghetti squash can be made just by adding seasonings and nothing else.
Although this particular recipe includes a few more steps, it is worth the few more minutes it will take to make!
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup fresh baby spinach
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
To Prepare Your Baked Spinach Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) It is best to soften the spaghetti squash before cutting it in half, the best way to do this is to put it in the oven for 3 minutes. Then remove the squash and cut it in half, lengthwise. You will want to scrape out the seeds from each side of the squash.
3) Add the olive oil over each half, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper, and then put them face down onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Once the oven is preheated, you can place the baking sheet into the over for 35 minutes.
4) Once you have about 15 minutes left, you can begin to make the spinach/cheese blend. In a pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Then add the minced garlic to the pan, sauté for about 1 minute. Once fragrant, add the spinach. Once the spinach is wilted, add the heavy cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the grated Parmesan, stir, and set aside.
5) When the squash is finished baking, pull out the pan and allow it to cool enough to handle comfortably. You will use a fork to scrape the squash into strands.
6)From there it is up to you if you would like to add the sauce into each squash boat or add the mixtures into bowls and serve.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Sum of Yum;