Our recipe of the week is avocado chips. This comes from the website, delish.com. See the link below.
We are always looking for great new, healthy choices to satisfy our craving for crispy snacks. I mean, really, who doesn’t love chips? Chips and salsa, potato chips or whatever. These avocado chips are healthy, baked to crispy perfection with a touch of parmesan and garlic.
This recipe only yields about 15 chips, so I suggest doubling or even tripling it.
If you are having a hard time getting your chips nice and thin, spray the bottom of a dry measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray and press the scoops of avocado to flatten before baking.
Ingredients for Avocado Chips
Makes about 15 chips
1 large ripe avocado
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Avocado Chips
1) Preheat oven to 325° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth. Stir in Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Place heaping teaspoon-size scoops of mixture on baking sheet, leaving about 3” apart between each scoop.
4) Flatten each scoop to 3″ wide across with the back of a spoon or measuring cup.
5) Bake until crisp and golden, about 30 minutes, then let cool completely.
6) Serve at room temperature.
120 Calories, 3.5g Fat, 7g Protein, 4g g Carbohydrates, 230mg Sodium
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.