So, you planted a garden with one too many zucchini plants and now you have more zucchini than you know what to do with. This week’s recipe for zucchini chips with smoked paprika should help you with that. This recipe comes from alldayidreamaboutfood.com via yummly.com, see the link below.
Zucchini Chips with Smoked Paprika
This is the time of year when the bounty of the home gardens starts to show up in the office because someone (maybe you) planted more than they could use. Several of my co-workers bring in loads of home-grown veggies, especially zucchini. It’s easy to grow and often produces more than you think it will.
Zucchini is very versatile, it can be grilled, steamed, fried. You can make zucchini bread or muffins, so why not zucchini chips? Zucchini has a rather bland flavor on its own and easily picks up seasonings so you can make zucchini chips in all your favorite flavors, for this recipe we went with smoked paprika, but go ahead and experiment with other flavors that you like.
Here is what you will need to prepare your Zucchini Chips.
1 medium zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp ground pepper
To Prepare Your Zucchini Chips
1) Slice zucchini crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife.
2) Place zucchini in layers into a colander or sieve, sprinkling with a little salt with each layer. Let drain one hour.
3) Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush parchment with 1 tsp of oil.
4) Pat zucchini slices dry with a paper towel and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining oil and sprinkle with paprika and ground pepper.
5) Bake 45 minutes, then turn off oven and let chips remain inside until crispy, about 1 hour.
Serves 2, each serving has 3.5g Carbs and 1g of fiber. Total NET Carbs = 2.5g.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Finding Silver Linings; https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/zucchini-chips-with-smoked-paprika/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly