The best thing about surrounding yourself with people that enjoy cooking, is the recipes that you learn from each other. This week’s recipe was pulled from a friend who has much experience cooking and enjoys creating recipes. It is such a delicious and easy meal to make that I couldn’t pass up sharing this creation!
Everybody loves tortillas.. right? Changing the ingredients and variations of the tortillas is the most fun part, no tortilla has to be the same! So why not turn your tortilla into a SOUP?! This is an incredibly tasty dish that you can throw together in a pinch.
1 14.5oz box of chicken broth (or vegetable if opting vegetarian)
2 Chicken breasts (To make meal vegetarian you can use 1 package of extra firm tofu)
1 15oz can of black beans (make sure that you rinse them!)
1 15oz can of corn
1 yellow onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chili seasoning
NOT NEEDED but recommended: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
1) Cook chicken in pan until lightly browned on each side (about 5 minutes). Take out of pan and let cool. Once cool, use fork to shred the chicken into smaller pieces.
1a) If you are using tofu as the alternative, feel free to sauté in pan as well, to give a crisper touch. Let brown on sides.
2) Chop up the garlic and the onion . In the pot that you plan on using for the soup, add oil. Allow the garlic to sauté in the pot until fragrant, then add the onion (let cook for about 2 minutes, until onion is softened and lightly browned).
3) Once the onion has softened, add the chicken into the pot. Stir in the taco seasoning, chili seasoning, salt, and pepper (and cayenne pepper if choosing to use that for additional spice). Cook for 2 minutes to allow food to take on the spice.
4) Then add in the broth, corn, tomatoes, and black beans. Bring to simmer and allow to simmer until everything has become warmed (about 8-10 minutes).
5) Serve soup with any toppings you would like and enjoy!
This week’s recipe is from Coach Brittany.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories.