Wendy picked our recipe of the week, which is Tex-Mex Chicken and Zucchini. Cooked in one skillet with black beans, corn, fresh herbs, taco seasoning and melted cheese on top. This low carb is ready in about 30. Minutes. This recipe comes from the website ifoodreal.com. See the link at the bottom of the blog.
Tex-Mex Chicken and Zucchini
Tender chicken breast, soft black beans, sweet corn and squash, which is added at the very end to preserve the crunchiness. This Mexican zucchini and chicken is delicious! Cooked with diced tomatoes, cumin, taco seasoning, topped with cheese and fresh herbs.
Prep time is about 5 minutes and cooking time is about 25 minutes, so you will have a wonderful dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. This recipe makes about 6 servings. Each serving has: 274 Calories, 8.4 g Fat, 24.4g carbs, 27.5g Protein.
Healthy and delicious, who could ask for more?
Ingredients for Tex-Mex Chicken and Zucchini
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Tex Mex or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions for Tex-Mex Chicken and Zucchini
1) Preheat large deep skillet on low – medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, taco seasoning and remaining cumin. Stir, cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with green onion and cilantro. Serve hot, on its own or with brown rice or quinoa.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 3 – 4 days.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories. People of Body Force