This week we have a new recipe for slow-roasted salmon with harissa. This recipe is pretty simple with only 7 ingredients. Preparation and cooking take about 40-45 minutes. While the salmon is roasting you have time to prepare your sides. This pares well jasmine rice, and steamed vegetables. This recipe comes to us from Molly Baz, Bon Appetit, April 2018 via Epicurious see link below.
Slow-Roasted Salmon with Harissa
Slow-roasted salmon with harissa, will probably become a favorite cooking at low temperature and the abundance of oil make it very difficult to overcook. Harissa is just one of many flavor variations that you can try with this dish. This variation has a great smokey, spicy, citrus flavor and is so tender.
So, like me, some of you are probably asking yourselves what is harissa, I had to look it up too.
A smoky, spicy mix of roasted peppers, chilis, garlic, and spices that makes a great instant flavoring for roast chicken (spread it on the skin before it goes in the oven), fish, frittatas, soups, and roasted vegetables. It also makes a great sauce when whisked together with mayonnaise. Start out with a small squirt of harissa—it’s fiery stuff—and slowly add more to taste.
Here is what you will need to prepare your Slow-Roasted Salmon with Harissa
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup harissa paste
1 garlic clove, grated
1 lemon, halved
1 (2-lb.) skinless center-cut salmon fillet
Mixed tender herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, dill, and/or chives; for serving)
To Prepare Your Slow-Roasted Salmon with Harissa
1) Preheat oven to 275°F. Whisk oil, harissa, and garlic in a medium bowl. Pour half of harissa oil into a 2.5-qt. baking dish and swirl to coat.
2) Thinly slice a lemon half and remove any seeds; scatter slices in dish.
3) Season salmon on all sides with salt and place in dish.
4) Pour remaining harissa oil over salmon, spreading evenly over flesh with a pastry brush or spoon.
5) Roast 15 minutes. Remove from oven and baste fish with harissa oil pooled in dish.
6) Return to oven and continue to roast until flesh flakes apart easily with a spoon but is not quite cooked through, 10–20 minutes longer.
7) Use spoon to break up salmon into irregular pieces. Arrange salmon and lemon slices on a platter.
8) Drizzle with any harissa oil left in dish, squeeze remaining lemon half over, and scatter some herbs around.
9) Serve over rice.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your fitness journey today. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: