This week I found a great recipe for Sheetpan Garlic Chicken and Veggies. For us it is usually about quick easy and healthy eating, unfortunately sometimes, healthy takes a back seat to quick and easy because of our crazy schedule. This recipe can be prepped a day or so ahead of time and just placed on the sheet and baked when you are ready to eat it.
This recipe comes to us from Easypeazymealz.com (link below)
Sheetpan Garlic Chicken
This sheetpan garlic chicken recipe is easy and tasty. You have boneless skinless chicken breast, an assortment of vegetable, and seasonings. A nice thing about this recipe is if you don’t like a vegetable that it calls for, the pieces are large enough that you can pick the ones you don’t like out. Additionally, you can easily swap vegetables out if you don’t like them, or add more of your favorite that is already in the recipe.I think this will quickly become a family favorite.
Here is what you will need to prepare this Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- ½ Tbs dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1Tbs onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into tenders
- ½ – ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided, (see notes)
- 1 cup asparagus spears cut in half
- 1 cup carrots cut into spears
- 1 cup zucchini cut into spears
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 -1 once package of onion soup mix
To Prepare Your Sheetpan Garlic Chicken
Follow these steps:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) In a small bowl, mix together dried chives, salt, onion powder, and black pepper
3) In a large bowl, add chicken, 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil, and seasoning mixture from above. Stir to coat well. Put in refrigerator for 15 minutes to let marinate
4) In a large bowl add prepared vegetables, 1/4 cup olive oil, minced garlic, and onion soup mix packet
5) Stir well.
6) Dump veggies on baking sheet, and spread out to form one layer.
7) Place chicken on top.
8) Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees (cooking time will depend on how thick you cut your chicken).
Optional: Broil sheet pan with chicken and veggies on high for 2-3 minutes to brown and crisp up the edges a bit. Watch closely.
Tips for making Sheetpan Garlic Chicken Ahead of Time
This meal can be prepared about a day ahead of when you plan to make it. To prep it ahead of time cut up and season the chicken according to the direction and place in a Ziploc bag. Then prepare the vegetables as directed and store them in a separate Ziploc bag. When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven, place contents of both Ziploc bags on the sheetpan and bake as directed.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Commit to Fit this summer! Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by filling out the form below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: