These protein-packed sheet pan chicken fajitas cleverly use a foil-lined baking sheet and broiler to make a quick and healthy weeknight meal with easy clean up. This recipe comes to us from via Foodnetwork.com see link below.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Quick and easy, this sheet pan chicken fajitas are a tasty meal with easy clean-up for a busy schedule. Total cooking time is estimated at 30 minutes with about 15 minutes of actual cooking time. These fajitas can be served alone, or with a side of Mexican rice and refried beans for a complete meal.
Here is what you will need to prepare your sheet pan chicken fajitas.
1 Tablespoon chili powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound baby bell peppers (12-15), halved, stemmed and seeded
1 large yellow onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
8 fajita size flour tortillas, warmed
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, fresh cilantro, for serving.
To Prepare Your Sheet Pan Fajitas Chicken
Follow these easy cooking steps:
1) Preheat the broiler to high, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2) Combine chili powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Put peppers and onion on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with half the chili powder mixture. Broil until softened and starting to char, about 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, cut the chicken into ¼ inch thick slices and toss in a large bowl with the remaining chili powder mixture and 1 tablespoon oil.
4) After the peppers are softened and starting to char, scatter the chicken on top of the peppers and onions and return the baking sheet to the broiler until the chicken is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes more. Drizzle with lime juice.
5) Serve with the warmed tortillas, Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your new year on the path to fitness. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: