This week we have a dish that makes a great appetizer or side to any number of meals, roasted cauliflower with chipotle and lime. With just 6 ingredients this is easy to prepare. It is healthy, gluten-free and vegan if you have any of those dietary restrictions. This recipe comes from thehealthyfamilyandhome.com see link below.
Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle and Lime
This is an easy recipe and it goes with so many different meals or it can be a healthy appetizer or snack. With just 6 clean, healthy ingredients roasted cauliflower with chipotle and lime is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free and paleo-friendly, yet it is big on flavor.
Preparation is pretty straight forward and easy. However, because we are roasting this slowly, an hour and a half, give yourself plenty of time. It may seem like a long time to roast cauliflower but it will be worth it.
This recipe yields about 2 servings at just 229 calories per serving. You will get about 16grams of healthy fats from the avocado oil, 21 grams of carbohydrates and 8 grams of protein.
Here is what you will need to prepare your roasted cauliflower with chipotle and lime
1 head of cauliflower (organic if you prefer)
2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
½ – 1 tablespoon ground chipotle powder
¼ – ½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ – ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (substitute sea salt)
1 lime (Freshly squeezed)
To Prepare Your Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle and Lime
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2) Add the chipotle, garlic and salt to a small bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
3) Remove the stem and leaves from the cauliflower and cut into bite-sized pieces, place in a medium bowl.
4) Drizzle the avocado oil over the cauliflower and gently toss until the oil is evenly distributed and all the cauliflower is coated.
5) Sprinkle the seasoning mix onto the cauliflower and gentle toss, making sure to evenly season all the cauliflower pieces.
6) Transfer the seasoned cauliflower to the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 325 for about 60-90 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. Toss the cauliflower halfway through the cooking.
7) Remove from oven and squeeze lime juice over top of the cauliflower.
Optional, garnish with fresh cilantro
Note, Best when served hot from the oven.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your fitness journey today. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Finding Silver Linings;