Grilling season is heating up and Memorial Day is right around the corner. These grilled sweet potatoes are perfect with just about anything you want to cook on the grill. So, if you are you hosting a cook-out or picnic or planning to attend one, this is a healthy option for a side dish. I found this specific recipe on SimplyRecipes.com and it was written by Elise Bauer. Full link below.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Grilled sweet potatoes are a quick and easy addition to any meal cooked on the grill. You just take the sweet potatoes, peel them (optional), slice them into 1/4-inch slices, paint them with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt, and place on a hot grill. How easy is that? I mean you are going to have the grill heated up anyway, right?
You will want to slather them with some sort of dressing to keep them from tasting too dry, and an acid like lime juice or lemon juice to balance the sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
You can play around with the dressings, vinaigrette and olive oil-based dressings, you will see there are many different examples if you search the internet. This recipe uses the wonderful combination of lime, cilantro, and sweet potatoes, It’s a great combination!
Here is what you will need to prepare this dish.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp of lime or lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
To Prepare Grilled Sweet potatoes
Follow these 4 easy steps:
- Prepare the grill, prep the sweet potatoes: prepare your grill for direct hot heat. While the grill is warming up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise into ¼ inch slices. Coat with slices with olive oil and spinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Make cilantro lime dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- Grill the sweet potatoes: once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato slices on the grate. Cover the grill and cook until each side get some grill marks, about 3-6 minutes per side.
- Toss with dressing: toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
If you are ready to make a move to start your journey to a more fit and healthier version of you, sign-up for our 14-day Kickstart program by filling out the form below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: