The Fourth of July is right around the corner and you have probably been invited to several parties and you are running out of ideas of what to take. We have you covered with this week’s recipe, Lemony Broccoli Salad with Chickpeas and Feta. This recipe comes from shelikesfood.com see the link below.
Lemony Broccoli Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
This easy broccoli salad is a refreshing and healthy side dish for any summer gathering and with the fourth of July holiday coming up you probably have at least one invitation.
This refreshing salad only takes a few minutes of cooking and is really easy to make. It is loaded with super healthy vegetables and protein. This is a great side dish for your summer get together or eat it as a light lunch or snack. The lemon and dill give it a light refreshing taste that you will want to enjoy all summer long.
If you want to make this a Vegan recipe substitute the Feta for Tofu Feta.
Here is what you will need to prepare your Lemony Broccoli Salad.
6 cups small broccoli florets
3 cups peas, fresh or frozen
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Juice of 1/2 lemon
To Prepare Your Lemony Broccoli Salad
1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add about 3 teaspoons olive oil and the broccoli.
2) Cook broccoli for 5 minutes and then add the peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until peas are thawed if they were frozen.
3) Pour veggies into a big bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.
4) Once cooled add the remaining ingredients plus 1 teaspoon olive oil. Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, although broccoli and peas will lose their bright green color after a day or so.
Prep Time: about 10 Minutes, Cook Time: 8 Minutes, Yield: 4-6 servings
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories. People of Body Force
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Finding Silver Linings;