This week we have a simple recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth yet stay on your meal plan. Healthy Banana Cookies to the rescue. This recipe comes from K. Gailbrath via Allrecipes.com. See the link below.
Healthy Banana Cookies
These cookies are healthy, nutritious and delicious. It can be difficult when you are trying to stick to a healthy eating plan and you get a craving for something sweet, like cookies. This recipe can be just the thing to help you through that tough patch. This recipe is great as it is, but it can easily be modified to add additional flavors. Simply adding some chocolate or peanut butter chips or dried fruit like raisins, craisins or cherries makes these great for any occasion.
Here is what you will need to prepare your healthy banana cookies.
3 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup any of the following: chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, raisins, craisins, dried cherries or other dried fruit.
To Prepare Your Healthy Banana Cookies
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) On a large baking sheet, brush mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place stem side up.
3) In a large bowl, mash bananas. Stir in oats, dates oil and vanilla. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
4) Drop by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
5) Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your fitness journey today. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.