Our recipe of the week this week is for Healthy Apple Nachos. This time of year, with apples being in season, and so many holiday gatherings people are always looking for a quick and easy, healthy snack. This recipe comes from Yummly.com, see the link below.
Healthy Apple Nachos
I know that during the holiday season we always have a lot of gatherings that we get invited to where we are expected to bring some snack or food, or you just feel obligated to bring something to share. So many times, these events are loaded with high calorie snacks, cakes and cookies and pies. Healthy Apple Nachos is a great alternative that you can bring to the party. This is a basic recipe with only 5 ingredients. You can add chopped nuts or coconut just remember that would add calories. So feel free to play around with the toppings that you like.
Here is what you will need to prepare your Healthy Apple Nachos
- 5 apples (recommend Fuji or McIntosh)
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup nut butter (almond or peanut)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
To Prepare Your Healthy Apple Nacho
Follow these easy steps:
1) Core and thinly slice apples. TIP: Spritz with a lemon juice and water solution to prevent them from turning brown.
2) Spoon the Greek yogurt into a pastry bag or squeeze bottle. Do the same with the nut butter in a separate bag.
3) Finely chop the dark chocolate chips.
4) Arrange the apple slices on a plate in a circular pattern. Top with alternating layers of yogurt, nut butter and chocolate chip pieces. Sprinkle with cinnamon and optional toppings.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Fall Back to Fitness! Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: