I was really at a loss for a recipe this week. I wanted something that really jumped out at me, that could really get my mouth watering. I finally came across this recipe late Sunday evening. Grilled garlic and lime shrimp skewers, I can almost taste them already.
This recipe comes to us from Laurie Mcnamara at simplyscratch.com (link below)
Grilled Garlic and Lime Shrimp Skewers
We have an easy recipe for grilled garlic and lime shrimp skewers and only takes about 30-35 minutes total prep and cooking time. Grilling is one of my favorite ways to cook in the summer and this combination of garlic and lime really gets me thinking of dining outside with a water view, maybe the sounds of surf in the background. To me this recipe just screams summer and its healthy. The suggested serving is 2 skewers of 4 shrimp, 8 shrimp in all. This recipe serves up great on a bed of steamed rice, some fresh lime and if you are daring a little sriracha.
Here is what you will need to prepare your grilled garlic and lime shrimp skewers.
- 1 Lime zested
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 32 large shrimp, shelled and devained
- 8 skewers (If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes).
To Prepare Your Grilled Garlic and Lime Shrimp Skewers
Follow these steps:
1) Soak the skewers for at least 30 minutes if using wooden skewers, this will prevent them from catching fire on the grill.
2) In a shallow dish, combine zest of one lime with olive oil, lime juice, minced cilantro, garlic and salt and pepper.
3) Toss the shrimp into the garlic lime marinade and let sit for no longer than 10 minutes or else the citrus juice will start “cooking” the shrimp.
4) Preheat the grill to medium-high. Meanwhile thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer and brush more of the marinade over top.
5) Once the grill is hot, place the garlic-lime shrimp skewers on the grate. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
6) Enjoy over rice.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Commit to Fit this summer! Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by filling out the form below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: