This week we have a simple Cilantro Lime Salmon Rice Bowls that is not only tasty, but good for your heart and brain. Protein and Omega-3 rich salmon is served on a bed of cilantro lime brown rice, accompanied by nutritious, fresh and tasty vegetables. All that flavor and filling goodness and it’s ready to serve in just 30 minutes!
Easy to Make
This dish is so easy to make and only takes about 30 altogether. You can use precooked brown rice that simply needs microwaved to warm up to save the time of cooking it. This is a great recipe for a warm summer evening.
- 4 Salmon fillets ( about 4-6 oz each)
- 4 Cups cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp
- Kosher or sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Plus more for serving
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Lime Wedges for serving
To Prepare Cilantro Lime Salmon Rice Bowls
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place peppers on baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and place in oven. Bake 10 minutes.
3) While peppers cook: combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place salmon in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour half the marinade on the fillets. Toss until fully coated. Set aside remaining marinade.
4) When peppers have baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and place salmon fillets on top of peppers. Bake together until peppers are tender and salmon is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
5) Divide rice into four bowls and top with salmon, peppers, sliced avocado and a wedge of lime. Garnish with cilantro and serve extra marinade on the side.
Yield: 4 Bowls
Per Serving: Calories 413, Total Fat 16g, Protein 22g, Carb 47g, 4.6g sugar, 25mg sodium
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
If you are ready to make a move to start your journey to a more fit and healthier version of you, sign-up for our 14-day Kickstart program by filling out the form below.