So, Cauliflower Pizza Crust is apparently a thing now. Actually, Cauliflower everything seems to be a big trend right now; cauliflower rice, cauliflower mashed potatoes, cauliflower tots, the list goes on. We have been trying a lot of these lately and finding that they are actually very tasty and a healthy alternative means of getting more vitamins on your diet.
This recipe comes to us from The Food Network.com (link below)
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A number of our gym members know that Friday night is typically family pizza night for us. So, this recipe is something we were looking for to make our pizza night a little healthier. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, there are not many options for pre-made cauliflower pizza crust, especially in our area. I looked at a couple different recipes and this seems to be a fairly easy one, so let’s give it a shot.
Here is what you will need to prepare this cauliflower pizza crust recipe
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella (low fat)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
To Prepare Your Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Follow these steps:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in the food processor until a fine rice texture.
3) Steam in a steamer basket and drain well.
4) Then drain by placing the cauliflower into a fine dish towel and wringing the excess moisture out. Let cool.
5) In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with the mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, salt, garlic powder and eggs. Transfer to the center of the baking sheet and spread into a pizza shape. Bake for 20 minutes.
6) Add the desired pizza toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Tips for Your Cauliflower Crust Pizza
You can make a couple of these cauliflower pizza crusts ahead of time for family pizza night.
After baking for 20 minutes you can allow the crust to cool then wrap it in foil or plastic wrap, store for 2-3 days in the refrigerator or freeze for longer periods of time.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Commit to Fit this summer! Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by filling out the form below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from the following websites: