Breakfast scramble or recovery treat, this week’s recipe is great for either occasion. This dish has a good ratio of carbs and protein from eggs, cherry tomatoes and spinach. And as a bonus it can be ready in under 10 minutes. This recipe comes from Susan’s Table Catering via Yummly.com, see the link below.
You can’t go wrong whether you choose this healthy scramble as breakfast or a recovery snack. It is quick, easy and healthy and it can be customized to your personal taste with ease. If you prepare it as directed you get about 257 calories, 13g fat, 18g carbs and 17g protein. If you add any extras or switch things up the nutrition values will change.
I like this just the way it is presented here, but some items you could add and keep it healthy would be; fresh sautéed mushrooms and peppers or some fresh chives or cilantro. You could also substitute mozzarella or cheddar cheese for the feta.
Just because you are eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to eat bland and boring.
Here is what you will need to prepare your breakfast scramble
2 cups fresh spinach
6-7 cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 pieces of toast (optional)
1 tablespoon feta cheese (optional)
To Prepare Your Fudge Protein Cupcakes
1) Get your non-stick skillet to medium heat with some olive oil
2) Slice the tomatoes in half
3) Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk with salt.
4) Once the pan is hot, sauté the spinach about 2 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from pan.
5) Add cherry tomatoes to pan and sauté about 1 minute.
6) Add the eggs and stir until almost set, then add the spinach.
7) Mix everything and place on toast (optional) and top with feta cheese (optional).
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your fitness journey today. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.
Recipes in this week’s blog came from Finding Silver Linings;