Source: Brianne Izzo
Keeping with the theme of healthy snacks for this month, I found this recipe on the website CupcakesandKalechips.com and it really seemed like it would be a good one to try. It only has 5 ingredients, and 5 steps in the instructions. And I personally love pretty much anything that tastes like caramel.
This recipe is also gluten free and vegan friendly for those who choose that type of diet. I plan to make a batch of these myself tomorrow, so look for my comments on Facebook after this blog goes live.
So here it is, I hope you like it…
½ Banana (Very Ripe)
1 Cup Pitted Datess
1 Cup Raw Cashews
¼ Cup Ground Flax Seed
¼ Cup White Chocolate Chips (Vegan, if needed, Optional)
- Line a 7×7 or 8×8 inch pan with wax or parchment paper
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a high-powered blender or food processor, and process until the mixture forms a thick mass. You may need to break it up with a spatula once or twice.
- Break up the mixture with a spatula, add white chocolate chips and pulse a few times to distribute the chips, or simply stir in the chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You can cover the top with more paper and press an equal sized pan or roll the top with a glass to flatten completely.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, until firm (the longer you store them the more they firm up. Cut into squares and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
If you would like more information about memberships at Body Force or are interested in learning about our new Precision Nutrition Pro Coach Nutrition Program fill out the contact form below: