Our recipe of the week is Easy Breakfast Egg Cups. This comes from the website, superhealthykids.com. See the link below.
Easy Breakfast Egg Cups
These easy breakfast egg cups are a great on-the-go breakfast. Make them ahead of time, store them in the fridge, and microwave them when you are ready to eat them.
If you are like many people you probably skip breakfast or you grab a quick bite of whatever is handy on your way out the door in the morning. Skipping breakfast is bad, but grabbing the wrong thing could be even worse. So, set yourself up for success.
Prepare a batch or two of these easy breakfast egg cups on Sunday and keep them on hand for the week ahead.
This recipe is pretty basic, you can add to it or make substitutions if you don’t like something or you want to add a little more to it.
Ingredients for Breakfast Egg Cups
Makes about 8 Servings
1-ounce cooking spray
6 large eggs
¼ cup milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium bell pepper
¾ cup spinach
1-ounce cheddar cheese
Directions for Easy Breakfast Egg Cups
1) Preheat oven to 375° Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2) Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Dice the bell pepper into small pieces. Stack the spinach leaves, roll them up, slice them thin.
4) Add the peppers, spinach and shredded cheddar to the egg mixture.
5) Fill the muffin cups ¾ full and bake for 20-25 minutes until centers are set and no longer runny.
6) Allow to cool slightly before serving.
78 Calories, 5g Fat, 6g Protein, 2g Carbohydrates, 1190mg Sodium
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
At Body Force our members are people just like you. Click below to read some of their stories. People of Body Force