You won’t miss the bread in this week’s recipe, these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobellos have no carbs. This recipe comes to Lauren Miyashiro via Delish.com, see the link below.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobellos
Everyone loves a good Philly Cheesesteak, but if you are on a low or no carb diet you probably think you have to do without. This week’s recipe will have you indulging on a healthy alternative. No bread here, instead you will be stuffing that tasty cheesesteak into Portobello mushroom caps. This recipe takes about 35 minutes to prepare, cook and serve, which makes it great for just about any night of the week.
Here is what you will need to prepare your Philly cheesesteak stuffed portobellos.
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 medium Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
1 onion sliced into half moons
2 bell peppers, sliced
Fresh ground black pepper
1 lb beef sirloin, cut into strips
4 slices provolone cheese
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
To Prepare Your Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobellos
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a large baking sheet, brush mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place stem side up.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3) Add remaining olive oil to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Season steak all over with salt and pepper and cook until the steak is seared on all sides, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and return vegetables to the skillet.
4) Spoon the steak and vegetable mixture into the mushroom caps then top with cheese. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
5) Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your fitness journey today. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.