There is no pasta, this cauliflower mac and cheese is gluten-free and low-carb. This recipe is as comforting and creamy as the pasta version your grandma used to make. This recipe comes to us from Alloy Personal Training
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Everyone’s childhood favorite, mac and cheese is a big “no-no” on a lot of today’s popular diet plans. Whether you have gluten sensitivity or are on one of the many low-carb plans, this recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese is just what you are looking for to fill that comfort food void. This recipe can be made ahead: refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat before serving.
Here is what you will need to prepare your Cauliflower mac and cheese.
8 Cups bite-sized cauliflower florets (from 1-2 heads)
1 ¾ cups reduced fat milk, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups shredder extra-sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Chopped fresh parsley and or chives for garnish (optional)
To Prepare Your Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
1) Cook cauliflower in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Drain.
2) Heat 1 ½ Cups milk in a large saucepan over medium high heat until steaming.
3) Whisk the remaining ¼ cup milk and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth; add to hot milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce simmers and thickens, 2-3 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and stir un cheddar and cream cheese until melted.
5) Add the cauliflower and stir to combine.
6) Add salt and pepper, if desired.
7) Garnish with Chives or parsley, optional
For more healthy recipes like this check out our other blog posts at: www.bodyforcefitness247.com/blog/
Start your fitness journey today. Sign-up for our 30-day VIP Training Program by clicking the link below.